Audience FAQ for Consumed
What is an interactive horror adventure?
- What is Consumed? It’s an interactive horror adventure in which you, the audience member, are the protagonist. You move around the Seven Corners neighborhood on a mission from your mysterious contact, Alice.
- So it’s being performed outside? Yes! Most of Consumed takes place outdoors. Since we perform rain or shine, you'll want to dress for the weather. There is a portion of the performance that takes place inside, but there's no way to be certain where else the adventure will take you.
- How scary is this thing? There is some intense subject matter and some adult situations. If you're interested in hearing about specific trigger warnings, e-mail us at email@example.com. It's not like a haunted house, with people jumping out at your every few seconds. But when you think about it, isn't life pretty scary to begin with?
- Suuure, I guess, from a certain point of view. Anyway, when you say interactive, what exactly do you mean? You will be interacting in person with the performers. For example, they'll talk to you, and you may talk back. There may also be phone calls or text messages from the characters, which you may respond to. A performer may take you by the hand or touch your shoulder to guide you, but if you don't like what they're doing, you could say, "Please stop" or move away, just like you would in real life! There are different tracks within the piece, so audience members will have different experiences. Finally, you'll have a decision to make that will determine the outcome of the show.
- What kind of decision? You'll see.
- Okay, that's ominous. What should I bring? Definitely bring your cell phone, and be sure it's charged. (If you don't have a cell phone, it's not the end of the world.) A pair of headphones is also useful, if you've got 'em. You'll want to dress for the weather, which might mean bringing an umbrella. Wear comfy shoes, because you won't be doing much sitting during the performance. If you're under 18, bring a responsible adult. If you're interested in consuming an alcoholic beverage, bring your ID. Other than that, come as you are.
- Is the performance handicapped accessible? It is indeed. There are both step-free and wheelchair-accessible tracks. If you'd like to let us know what accommodations would benefit you, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why is this show more expensive than all the other Twin Cities Horror Festival Shows? What makes you so darn special? Your extra ticket dollars go directly towards refreshments: you have the option to enjoy light snacks and your choice of beverage during a portion of the show. No other show will buy you a beer.
- What else can you tell me about the Twin Cities Horror Festival? It's ten days of horrific performances by some of the Twin Cities' most exciting artists. Learn more about the five-year-old festival here, and see the other shows in the festival line-up here.